When I was in my early twenties I thought when I turned thirty I would surely have my stuff together by then.
I guess another thing I so very naively thought was that somehow there’s some magical knowledge given to us when we hit the big 3-0. Sorry kids, but no, it doesn’ work that way. I’m sure most of you knew that already though. There’s still a lot that doesn’t make sense currently, like how Lubbock can have their numbered streets go one one way and named streets go another, but Amarillo can’t decide which way is North. Also why cookies and beer have to make my pants shrink, why all the sudden sometimes my hip hurts and I can’t use my left arm without wanting to cry. Why nobody sends me flowers or where my singing and cleaning forest animals are. But mostly why I’m nowhere near close to having it together. So here’s some things I’ve learned or realized the past couple months:
1. My babies are not babies anymore . Ugh. Y’all right in the feels.
2. Cinnamon Crunch Almonds are AMAZING.
3. There is no straight path anywhere. To the ranch, the grocery store, my office (yeah!), or to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
4. ECT sensor. Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor. (Not as scary as it sounds)
5. I actually have some girly girl in me. See Prettified.
6. Texas maybe the greatest state in the Union. It may have bragging rights in almost everything BUT… I’ve made a lot of friends, connections from all over the US, and I’ll admit that there’s some pretty amazing people out there with great ideas and heads on their shoulders. Love y’all! Oh, and Canada is pretty great too.
7. I can waste an entire day in Lubbock. (Actually not true. I got a TON of work done. Can’t wait for y’all to see future posts and keep your eyes on the Facebook page!)
8. Glasses aren’t cheap!!
9. I’m a talker. A giver. Just a friendly caring person, it gets me in trouble. So according to the minds that matter, I have to rein it in. We’ll see what happens.
10. Summer is hot. Stupid hot. I think I’m going to be a Fall-type person from now on.
11. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, needs some Norwex in their life. Ask me why!
12. I really love sunflowers. And roses….
13. My best friend and I agreed that the Texas Panhandle might not always be home… I’m sure we will revisit the subject in years to come.
14. Debt is real. Repairing your credit sucks. Student loans are the devil. Be smart, get scholarships and stay away from credit cards. Be responsible with yourself! Make a plan and stick with it! You can do it! I’m almost debt-free because I’ve made myself stick to mine. (However, donations are always appreciated. JUST KIDDING!!!)
15. Being a mom is my absolute favorite thing ever. There’s nothing I would ever change about who I was, who they are, what we’ve been through and whatever is to come that could ever change that. I love my minions more than life itself. Even though they’re not babies anymore; they’re becoming beautiful young ladies. I can only hope and pray that everything I do sets a path towards Christ and His plans for them.
Cowdog Creations has grown, changed. Will continue to do so. So will I. So here’s a melted ice in my Sprite toast to ice cold air conditioner and the rest of 2017!
Micah 6:8 and Hebrews 10:23-25